Sunday, October 18, 2015

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

Don’t ignore them based on their name, until you have tried them!

While I am by no means a food blogger, I love it when I can find something that I can make with my kids that is quick and tasty!. Yes we make sugar cookies and gingerbread men at Christmastime and attempt to ice them, but for some reason they never look like the pictures I see on pinterest! These pumpkin muffins are easy to make with the kids, taste great and look great too! Makes 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins


What you need:
1 can of pure pumpkin (approx. 400ml)
1 can carrot cake mix
1 muffin or mini muffin tin
cupcake liners (optional)

1. Preheat oven to the temperature indicated on the cake mix box (usually 350 degrees)

2. Open the can of pumpkin and pour into a bowl. (Note in the photos I used the large can – this will make two batches!) Also, make sure you don’t buy pumpkin pie filling. Add your box of cake mix and stir with a spoon until well blended. (In the photos I used butter pecan instead of carrot because the grocery store had been pillaged of carrot cake! To make up for the lack of spicy flavour, I added a dash of cinnamon). They tasted great!

3. Grease your muffin tins or use liners. Fill the muffin tins as you would your regular muffins (they will rise).

4. For the mini muffins we baked for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
(for regular muffins just follow the directions on the back of the cake mix box). As all ovens vary, use a toothpick to ensure they are cooked!

Allow to cool and enjoy! But beware, you can’t just have one! My family can devour a pan of 24 mini muffins in one day!

Lindsay is a wife, a mom to two little boys, a soccer player, a lifetime traveler and a lover of learning. Lindsay resides in Langley and is currently searching out new ways to enjoy every minute she can with her family, while balancing the pressures of living in our fast-paced society. Check out Lindsay’s blog at www.carpediemourway.com

No comments: